The practice of yoga exercise can be traced back to over 5000 years ago by the ancient Indians. Back then yoga practice was considered to be sacred with more religious meaning.
Some people say that Practicing yoga often has some hidden powers of improving how your body and mind works.
The pratice of yoga is not only limited to women alone but can be practiced by both sexes.
Origin of Yoga practice
Researchers agure about how long the pratice of yoga has been in existence. Some say it started 10000 years ago while some agure that it was 5000 years ago. But however the periods can be grouped into 4 main groups.
- Pre classical yoga – this talks about the teachings in sacrificing ego through knowledge, wisdom and action.
- Classical yoga – it involves the steps and stages towards obtaining enlightenment and fulfillment.
- Post classical yoga – this brings about the techniques to cleanse the body and mind of all negativity.
- Modern period – this is the new type of yoga being practiced today.
Benefits of practicing yoga exercise
When you pratice yoga exercises very often it has some added benefits to your body mind and spirit. Here are some amazing benefits of practicing yoga
- Yoga makes you feel more flexible
- It helps Improves proper blood circulation in your body
- Regular practice of yoga helps in increasing your strength
- It boost your immune system and brain power
- Yoga helps in increasing and drawing in more positive energy to you
- Yoga exercise helps in increasing your body’s metabolism
- It helps makes you more mindful of yourself and your environment around you
3 Easy Beginner’s Yoga positions you should try out
- Start by Standing with your two toes placed together and your heels slightly apart.
- Try to even both feet by spreading out your toes
- Relax your shoulders and raise your hands upward putting them apart from each other.
- Now inhale while pressing more down to your feet.
- Take slow breaths, inhale and exhale while taking slow breaths. Do this while maintaining the same posture for a while.
- Start by Taking a big step forward, with your left foot now extend your arms apart so that they are parallel to the floor.
- Now bend your left kneel to a 90 degree angle while keeping your leg straight.
- Point your left toes in a forward direction. Now turn your right foot out to the right so that it’s perpendicular to the position of your left foot
- Twist your torso to the right, this will allow your left hip face the front of the room and your right hip is face the back.
- Maintain the same position for a while.
- Start this in a mountain pose first, then Bring your right foot to the part of your inner thigh.
- Squeeze both your foot and inner thighs together.
- After gaining your balance put your hands in a praying position and try to maintain your balance.
- Take in slow and deep breaths while doing this too at the same time for few minutes.