Amazing facts about essential oils and uses.
Onebamazing fact you need to know about Essential oils and how they are used is that they are aromatic substances made from the infusion of parts of plants to get the scent-producing compound. The extracts can be gotten from various methods which will be discussed.
What are Essential oils?
As introduced earlier, essential oils are aromatic compounds gotten from the total immersion of a plant into a carrier oil. They are made either by steaming, total immersion, or pressing parts of the plant under pressure. Doing this gets out the scent-producing compound from the plant.
Parts used in making the oils.
How are Essential oils made
They can be made in several ways but the common ones are distillation and cold press method. Others include :
- Solvent extraction
- CO2 extraction
The distillation process involves separating the organic compound of the plant using water through the condensation and vaporization method.
The cold press method involves the mechanical method used in releasing the oils from the plant.
Why are they important?
- They are very useful for easing stress
- It helps boost your mood giving you a refreshed and satisfying feeling
- It is very good for easing pains from migraines and headaches
- They can be good insect repellents too
- It is a key ingredient in most beauty, skincare, and hair products.
Dangers of using essential oils
In as much as these oils are very useful for various uses, its excessive use or wrong use can lead to damages to the skin
- Some oils can cause burning and sometimes discolorations on the skin.
- It can result in itching and irritation to the skin also
- When you are allergic to the oils, consuming them either in their raw state or diluted can cause death.
- For asthmatic patients when inhaled can trigger attacks.
Most common types of essential oils
|1||Peppermint||For digestion and to boost energy|
|2||Tea tree||For antiseptic and to boost immunity|
anti inflammatory properties
|4||Rosemary||Reduce anxiety and improve mood.|
Strengthen hair and prevents hair loss.
|5||Lavender||For reducing stress. |
antiseptic and inflammatory properties. Controls dandruff and hair loss.
Nourishes the skin
|6||Jasmine||To boost libido.|
Helps in reducing depression.
What to look out for when buying essential oils.
- Purity of the oil, avoid buying oils that have been mixed with something else.
- Always go for the best quality.
- Always stick to the Brands you are used to. Do your research very well before purchasing one
- Ensure you always check out for the Safety and side effects of the essential oil before purchasing it.
Also read on Top 7 weird and insane Body modification people do.