Eyebrows on fleek are usually the first thing people notice about your makeup.
In situations when your brows are not done properly it makes your makeup look very odd. A neatly done brow makes your makeup stand out even more.
As a first-timer, it is important to know the right technique to use when drawing your brows. This can be quite difficult especially if you are not a professional at doing it.
If you wish to know the right guidelines on getting your brows to look on fleek keep reading to find out more.
Types of Eyebrows shape based on different face shapes
You must know what face shape you belong to. The reason is that it tells you what type of brows best suits your face type.
Before diving into the different eyebrow shapes that best suit your face types, there should be a proper understanding of the face shapes there are.
Different types of face shapes
You must consider some things before knowing the exact shape of face you have. Things such as :
- Jaw (either it is pointy, square, or round)
- Face length (either long, short, or average)
Having known this the next step is to know what face shape you fall into. Face shape types include:
- Round shape
- Oval shape
- Square shape
- Oblong shape
- Diamond shape
- Heart shape
The next step is to know what type of Eyebrow shape best suits a particular face shape. What are the different types of Eyebrow shapes we have?.
Different types of Eyebrow shapes
The most common types of Eyebrow shapes there are includes :
- Flat Brows
- Round Brows
- Curved Brows
- Angled Brows
- Soft Angled Brows
How do you know what brow shape best suits your face type?. Well not to worry about that, here’s a well-detailed guide to follow on that.
|Face types||Eyebrow shapes|
|Oval Face||Soft Angled Brows|
|Round Face||Angled Brows|
|Heart Face||Curved Brows|
|Diamond Face||Curved Brows|
|Oblong Face||Flat Brows|
|Square Face||Curved Brows|
The Eyebrow theory
Having known the various types of brows there are, it still does not mean that your brows will look flawless. However, you should also have an understanding of the brow features as a whole.
Parts of the Brow
The picture above shows the illustration of the major parts of the brow and they are :
- The Front part of the brow
- Arch, and
- The Tail
A step to step guide on how to draw your Eyebrows like a pro
It is very important to know what you will be needing before you begin the process of drawing your Eyebrows.
The tools includes :
- Angled Eyebrow brush
- Brow gel, pencil, or shadow
- Eyebrow scissors (A new and sterilized blade can be used)
- The Eyebrow Stencil (optional)
- Slanted tweezers
- Spoolie brush
- Blending brush
- The first step to take note of when drawing your brows is to start by cleaning your brows. Cleaning helps to remove dirt and excess oils away from the brow area. Using your eyebrow Scissors, trim away the excess hair from the brows. This is termed eyebrow shaping.
- The second step is to draw a thin faint line underneath your brow bone with a brow pencil or gel. This should be done after brushing your brows with the brow brush. It is advisable to start from the beginning of the brow to the arch, and then to the brow tail.
- The third step is to repeat the second step above the brow. You should move a little bit back from the beginning of the brows.
- The fourth step is to fill in the brows lightly using a gradient from light to medium and then to dark.
- The fifth step is to Clean up your brows with your Concealer for a more neat and flawless finish.
- The final step is to brush up your neatly done brows. There you have your perfect Brows done.