“Style is something each of us already has, all we need to do is find it”- Diane Von Furstenberg.
A person’s dress sense goes a long way in giving insight into a persons lifestyle.
Dressing well is very important in our day-to-day lives. While some people dress according to their mood, some dress according to the occasions. In general, dressing to a large extent helps one’s self-esteem and plays an important role in your relationship and communication with peers. This means, the way you dress, determines how confident you are. Having said this, I believe that the way a person dresses has a lot to say about a person’s personality.
Before dressing, it is important to have an idea of the style you are wearing to the occasion. It is also important to note that, there are different degrees of occasion ranging from formal to informal; such as bedtime, office, dinner party, etc. This is why we don’t wear pajamas to our place of work.
Choosing your style begins by choosing the cloth in a color that looks good on you and can also make you feel confident. Sometimes, knowing what is wrong and what is right when dressing can be difficult and confusing; but don’t worry this article is here to ease some of the confusion. Although style and colors are important, there are other factors you need to look out for as stated below
When getting dressed , there are certain rules that need to be applied to either avoid embarrassment of any kind which may lead to low confidence.
For the ladies, here are things you should look out for when dressing
1.When putting on a suit, be sure that the lower button is never closed or buttoned up. You could choose to leave the first button open or closed, it all depends on your mood and the style you choose. you should definitely leave the middle button closed. This way you will look smart.
2. If you are to wear earrings, you can either wear earrings that match your bracelet or necklace; it could also be a match with your ring whatever your preference may be.
3. Never wear a flared skirt on top of a flared shirt. Are you thinking, a flared skirt would be the best for the occasion? And are you worried you might commit a fashion blunder by rocking a flared skirt? Not to worry there are different ways to wear a flared skirt to look smart and confident.
You could either wear a flared skirt on a tucked-in top, it could be a crop top, an off-shouldered top, a long sleeve, or a short sleeve; it all depends on the occasion or your mood. You could also complete this dressing with a canvas, a block heel, or whatever shoe of choice. But never wear a flared skirt on a flared top.
4. Do not wear a cloth with too many designs or prints. For instance, you could wear a white top with a black polka dot, on a black skirt with a white polka dot design. But do not wear a white top with black stripes on a yellow skirt/trousers and a white polka dot. Remember, avoid wearing too many designs.
5. If you are to wear a mini skirt, wear it on a decent necked top and if you are to wear a dress that is low cut vee necked or a low dress, you could wear it on a decent length skirt or you could wear a low cut necked gown with decent length; but if you wear a low cut necked top on a mini skirt, it would be seen as indecent.
6. Although wearing ripped jeans is fashionable, it is not acceptable for a formal office environment. Ripped or washed jean is one of the things you should never wear to work. Another thing you should not do when wearing a ripped cloth is carrying disheveled hair because it could make you look like a destitute.
In conclusion, according to Sophia Lauren, “A woman’s dress should be like a barb-wire fence: serving its purpose without obstructing the view”. Therefore, it becomes essential to dress in such a way that your personality is not masked.