The need for knowing the right hair removal method to use is very crucial. With different methods available now it might become a problem to know which one is right for you.
This article talks more about natural methods of hair removal and all there is to know about it also.
What is Hair removal
This can be said to be the deliberate reduction of unwanted hair from parts where they are not wanted.
Both sexes have hair growing in regions where most people do not like. Regions such as the armpits, pubic regions, chest, legs face, and much more.
Reasons for Hair removal
Hair is removed for various reasons known to people and this reason includes :
- Medical and
- Religious reasons.
Different forms of hair removal methods
Hair removal method can be majorly grouped into two and they are
Depilation – this involves the removal of part of the hair away from the skin surface. An example includes shaving, trimming, and the use of hair creams.
Epilation – this involves the total removal of hair follicles from the surface of the skin. Examples include Tweezing, waxing, sugaring, Epilators, threading, and the use of drugs.
Sugaring as a natural hair removal method
This can be traced back to the ancient Egyptians, the ruler herself named Cleopatra used this method.
Sugaring is a method that involves the use of heated sugar mixed with water and other ingredients which are used in removing hair.
Benefits of sugaring
- It is all-natural
- This method doesn’t contain any harmful chemicals that can react to the skin
- It is more hygienic
- The best method for sensitive skin
- Good for removing ingrown hairs away from the skin.
Making of the natural hair remover
This hair remover is very easy to make yourself at home from things around the kitchen. All you need are
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 glass of water
- Half lemon juice
- Essential oil of your choice
Method and preparation
- Start by pouring the sugar into the pot and add your water into the mixture.
- Place it on your stove and add both the lemon juice and 2 – 3 drops of essential oils into it.
- Stir continuously on fire so it does not get burnt out. When the mixture thickens and turns golden brown carefully put down the pot.
- Allow for it to cool down before using it.
- Start by picking up the paste and apply on the hair in the direction in which the hair grows.
- Using a thin piece of cloth material place it directly on the hair.
- Pull out the hair in the opposite direction where it grows
- Repeat the same process until you are done removing the hair away.