Guided steps on making the trending Tie and Dye Adire Fabric.
The word tie and dye in Adire making isn’t a new or foreign word to people especially amongst the yorubas.
Adire Fabric has been in use and existence for ages now since the early 20th century. It is commonly done by the yorubas.
The ancient cities of Ibadan, Oshogbo and Abeokuta are known for making this beautiful design on fabrics called tie and dye.
Adire Fabrics has now become one of the hottest cake now in the fashion industry today.
The tie and dye designs on fabric involves the using a special cloth which is tied at different places before being dyed. The special dye is being gotten from a plant called the elu leaf
For some designs candle wax is used in creating and drafting the designs befor being dyed.
However there are different techniques used in making this beautiful Adire Fabrics. They include the onikan, Alabere, Eleko.
How to make Tie and dye on Adire Fabric
Materials needed for making Adire
- Desired Fabric of your choice
- Dye of different colors of your choice
- Hand gloves
- Start by creating any pattern of your choice
- Secure the fabric with a rope by tying them at different places
- Prepare your dye by mixing your dye in warm water along with a pinch of salt added to it. Care should be taken when doing this so you dont burn yourself in the process.
- Soak up your fabric into the dye and leave it for a while. This will give it time to soak up the colours into it.
- Bring it out and rinse off in clean water. Spread the fabric out in the sun to dry up.