How do you care for your razor bumps after shaving
A razor bump are the small ingrown bumps that develop after shaving.
This happens whenever you have a clean shave, the hair follicles grows and curls back on themselves.
This can lead to serious skin related issues if not been treated well and fast. Skin issues such as skin irritation and inflammations, pimples ect
How are razor bumps caused
Razor bumps are mostly caused by shaving as earlier discussed above. It can be caused by shaving with blades, waxing, shaving sticks and hair removal cream.
Indication of razor bumps on your skin
How do you know when you are having razor bumps on your skin. Here are some things to look out for.
- Skin irritation
- Inflammation on the areas you shaved
- Itching of the skin
- Darkening of the skin
- Blisters on the skin surface
How can razor bumps be avoided
- Before starting to shave off your hair ensure you moisten your skin with warm water. Water will help moisten the skin and make it soft which will also allow for the opening up of pores.
- Always use a shaving gel as it will help add more moisture to the layer of the skin.
- Avoid stretching out your skin. Strech your skin while shaving can bruise your skin.
- Ensure you shave your hair in the direction where it is growing.
- Go gentle when shaving your hair. Do not add too much pressure on the hair while shaving.
- After shaving always use a moisturizing cream as this will add more moisture to your skin and prevent drying.
- Always avoid using perfumes and roll ons immediately after shaving as it can irritate your skin further.
Natural remedies that can be used in treating Razor bumps
Due to the hydrating and Moisturizing properties of aloevera gel it is very effective in treating after shave bumps.
Aloevera helps with reducing itchiness, inflammation, redness and reduces swelling caused by shaving.
After shaving apply aloevera gel to the area and massage. Repeat this for a few days until it is gone.
Tea tree essential oil
Tea tree Essential oils are known for their anti inflammatory properties. Also it has antibacterial and antiseptic properties too.
Drop about 3 drops of the essential oil into 1 cup of Luke warm water and massage the affected area for 30 minutes.