How to make a petal flower necklace using fabric
There are times when you want the details on your attire to do the talking. The desire to standout from the crowd is inevitable, so there is a need to accessorize your outfit and make it more interesting. This petal flower necklace is a great idea for fashionistas.
Your petal flower necklace can be made from scrap materials around your home. It is very easy to make your self at home and in no time your petal flower necklace is ready.
Materials needed in making your flower necklace
- Fabric of any kind
- Hot glue gun (not mandatory)
- Fancy buttons or beads
- Pen or pencil
- Needle and thread
- Ribbon of any color
- Measuring tape.
- Draw out a 4 and 3 inch diameter circles on your cardboard. Cut each circles out.
- Using the circle, trace out the pattern on your fabric and cut it out. The bigger circles will give a more bigger petal and the same for the smaller ones.
- After cutting, fold the fabric into equal halves and then fold into another half. It will look like a slice of pizza.
- Stich up the folded fabric starting at the bottom corner of the curved side and make a running stitches. Pull the thread to gather the corners of your petals to make a knot. Repeat the same process for the remaining pieces.
- At the mid point /center, glue in the button to cover up the hole using a hot glue gun or needle and thread.
- Join each petal together based on your taste and design, using your needle and thread.
- Sew the petals to your ribbon and your necklace is ready.
Your petal flower necklace can be rocked with any outfit of your choice, you can pair them up with a short black gown or round neck.
Also check https://oheverythinghandmade.com/diy-african-infused-fabric-necklace/