A throw pillow can be a great idea for decorating your chairs, beds, or even that boring corner you don’t want people to see.
Colorful throw pillows can easily change the look of that boring and old furniture you have. Putting a throw pillow on the bed or furniture can brighten up the room. The very beautiful thing about making throw pillows is that they can be done easily at home. It can be made from scrap fabric materials around you.
Making throw pillows at home is very easy as all you need are just fabric, foam needle and thread, and so on. You can make your throw pillow into any size and shape of your choice
How to make a throw pillow from scratch
- Measuring tape
- Measure out your pillow from the fabric using your measuring tape, mark it out with your chalk. You can use a measurement of 23 by 23 inches if you want a pillow size of 20 by 20 inches. After marking out your desired measurement cut it out with your scissors.
- Iron out the fabric. This will make your job much easier and look neater.
- Using your office pins secure the edges of the fabric together to avoid the unnecessary moment of the fabric.
- Stich the two edges of the fabric together using your needle and thread all around. Note an allowance should be left for turning the fabric inside out and filling it up with foam. First, you sew the two front pieces and then the two back pieces.
- After sewing cut out any excess fabric away from the pillow. You don’t want your pillow looking all rough.
- Turn the fabric inside out. The four edges will be turned inside.
- Cut your foam into smaller bits or chunks. Fill up the throw pillow with the foam.
- Stich up the remaining edges of the throw pillow and your throw pillow is ready.
Also check on How to make your natural Pink lip balm