Using a moisturizing hand lotion can help restore your damaged skin which has been exposed to harmful and harsh conditions. Our hands happen to be the most used part of our body.
Our hands are one of the busiest parts of our body doing lots of things from touching, washing, and lifting. Other than being the most used part it is also the most exposed part open to harsh chemicals, and conditions.
The frequent and regular use of soaps and detergents also damages the skin resulting in the dryness of the skin. Also, for a hard worker whose work involves using his hands mostly like carpentry, bricklaying, and the rest might cause injuries. Injuries such as blisters, dark knuckles, and wounds can also result from the dryness of the skin too.
The frequent use of a moisturizing lotion can help provide relief from the excess dryness. This homemade moisturizing lotion can be made from natural ingredients such as Shear butter, coconut oil, beeswax, and essential oil.
Reasons why you need a moisturizing hand lotion
- It makes your skin feels well hydrated from all the dryness
- It helps in restoring the natural glow of your skin
- A moisturizing hand lotion leaves your skin looking smooth and nice
Materials needed in making the hand lotion
- 1/2 cup of Shea butter
- Essential oil ( lavender or any kind)
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- Aloe vera gel
- Honey 2 teaspoon
- Storage container
- Start by pouring 2 cups of water into your pot, put it on the stove, and boil for a while. After boiling put off the heat.
- Using a heat-resistant container pour your beeswax, coconut oil, and Shear butter into it. Put the container into the pot for all the ingredients to dissolve on low heat.
- After dissolving add a few drops of essential oil, honey, and aloe vera gel.
- Mix the mixture all together using an egg whisk. As this will help you have an even mixture.
- Transfer into your storage jar. This will allow the mixture to cool off while it hardens too.