Blackhead can be caused as a result of the clogging of the pores on your skin.
When your hair follicles becomes blocked with dirt, bacteria, oil, makeup residues, it gets blocked and forms bumps, when the bumps remains closed, it is known as whitehead, but when the bump opens up to air, it turns black which is known as blackhead.
Causes of blackhead
Blackhead can be caused by various reasons which could be as a result of the following
- Skin type
- Allergic reaction to certain things, such as products, environment, seasons.
- Hormonal change.
Here are some helpful natural and cheap face mask ideas that can help in removing blackhead and whitehead from your face.
Egg and tissue face mask for removing blackhead
- 1 roll of Tissue paper
- 1 egg white
- Crack your egg in a bowl and separate the egg white from the yolk, beat the egg white until it becomes foamy.
- Separate the tissue paper into single pile, and cut into smaller pieces.
- Using your brush, dip it into the egg white and apply on your face.
- Place the pile of tissue paper on your face and repeat the same process until you form a mask on your face. Avoid putting the mask closer to your hairline, eye brows, eyes and lip region.
- Leave the mask to completely dry up. This can take up to an hour.
- After your mask has dried up, peel the mask off in an upward direction. You will notice that a lot of black heads, whiteheads and unwanted hair on your face will be pulled out.
- Rinse your face with cold water so as to help close up your pores
Milk and Honey face mask for removing blackhead
- Milk (2 table spoon)
- Honey (1 table spoon)
- Cotton wool
- Pour your milk and honey in a bowl, mix both together properly.
- Using your cotton wool dip it inside the mixture and pat it on your face.
- Leave for 20 – 30 minutes on your face
- Wash it off with cool water
- Pat your face dry and apply your favorite Moisturizer
Oat meal and yogurt face mask for removing blackhead
- Ground Oatmeal powder
- Essential oil of any kind
- Pour 2 table spoon of fine ground oatmeal powder mixed with ¼ cup of yogurt inside a bowl.
- Squeeze out the juice of half lemon to the mixture.
- Pour 2-3 drops of essential oil to the mixture and mix properly.
- Apply the paste on your freshly washed face and allow it to sit on your face for 20 mins.
- Wash it off with cold water and pat your face dry