The continuous use of your makeup brushes can get them very dirty easily. There is almost no way to get your makeup done without you using a makeup brush at some point. The application of foundation, Concealer, Blush, and powder all require a brush for an easy application.
When Your makeup brushes are not being washed or cleaned they tend to harbor lots of germs, bacteria, and fungi in them. So therefore there is a need to give them a thorough washing once a while.
Washing your makeup brushes and other tools used quite often helps in preventing the excess build-ups on them. When too much product gets clogged up on the brushes they make application quite very difficult. This in turn reduces the efficacy and final look of the makeup.
With all this being said, how then do you know the proper and right way to clean your makeup brushes. Well, keep reading to find out more.
According to reports made by dermatologists brushes mostly used for Concealer and foundation applications should be cleaned at least once a week. This is because the continuous use of them could bring about product build-up from the continuous usage. While brushes used for Eyeshadows and dry powders can be cleaned after 2 weeks.
Why is it so important to clean your makeup brush more often?
- To avoid excess product buildups on them
- In other to prevent bacteria buildups
- In other to prevent fungal buildups
- To extend the life of your brushes
- Prevent skin breakouts
- It makes application very easy
- It also helps keep your skin much cleaner
Now that the need for cleaning your makeup brushes and tools has been established, what is the ideal thing needed to clean them? Does it require the use of soap base cleaners or alcohol-based cleaners?
The proper way to get your makeup brushes spooky clean is to use a soap-based cleaner. The reason is that it cleans and clears off the entire bristles of the brush very clean of any makeup residue. You can get this from any local stores or beauty shops too.
Also, in the absence of a brush cleanser, your favorite face or body wash can be used as a substitute for that.
Right tips to follow when cleaning your makeup brushes
- Start by setting up your buckets, water, brushes, beauty blenders you will be needing. Reports have it That using lukewarm water in washing your brushes makes it cleaner faster. The warm water helps in dissolving all makeup buildups for easy cleansing.
- Wet the bristles of your brushes into warm water or you can also drop the brushes into the Lukewarm water for 2-3 minutes.
- Add drops of your favorite brush cleanser onto the bristles of the brush or the top of your palm
- Using your palm gently massage the bristles of the brush to wash off all product residue. Wash until there is no more product left on the brush. Also, a brush cleaning glove can be used in cleaning the bristles too if you don’t want to use your palm. The only difference is that it makes your job much easier and a lot faster too.
- Rinse the foam from the brush under running water. Do this until it stops being soapy.
- Gently squeeze the excess water from the bristles. Caution should be taken so as not to damage the entire brush. Also, try to return the brush shape to its original position
- Place the brushes upside down with their bristles facing upwards so as not to damage them. Place them in the direction of sunlight or a fan.
- Allow to dry for a while and your brushes are ready to be used again.